Thursday 26 February 2009

Texture test





Today I consulted Jamie on how to texture my characters. He took me through how to UV texture, how to take the snapshots into photoshop and all that. However, I told Jamie that I was thinking of going for a stylistic look of a canvas come to life. We experimented with UV mapping a canvas texture onto the model but it didn't work out that good. Instead Jamie set the canvas texture as a bump map, to which we can apply colour on top of. As well as that Jamie created a smudge effect in photoshop, which we then applied as well. This gave it another dynamic. I also expressed how I wanted the whole thing to be quite bright like Street Fighter 4. Jamie told me that he thinks they use a combination of textures and ambient brightness with a colour on top. We applied this use of ambient glowing onto the model. I then expressed my interest in the toon outliner, which we both played around with. Overall, I am really happy with this look. The toon outliner needs a little more playing with but I can imagine how these models could look in the end...that's if I don't balls it up! Thank you for you help Jamie, it's much appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. http://www.peranders.com/tutorials/tutorials.php?index=5

    This might help ya mate... literally just found it!

    ReplyDelete