Tuesday 10 February 2009

Cutler Model





Today was my first attempt at making a character in maya for a long time. Turns out I sucked just as much now as I did back then! I used a character modelling tutorial to help me try and build Cutler. This was a bit of a nightmare as I am Maya illiterate and that horrible grey interface really gets me down. The model's only in its basic stages at the moment, but it needs one hell of a lot of work. Maya is where I fear I'm going to really let the project down, and it will end up looking bad. Currently the model looks really ugly and needs a lot of attention. I just hope I'm up to the challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Considering your level I think you're doing well. IT'S A REAL ITCHY IRRITATION IN THE ASS! But keep going, I'll bring my tutorial maya book in tomorrow since you said that you may start over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey man... I posted on my wall to show you what my guy looked like before I smooth him... hes not pretty either... you just need to get the character looking sort of rounded with the amount of edges you put in... don't be too afraid of altering geometry and generally if you break the geometry theres bound to be someone who can fix him in either green or purple. If you need any advice you can always ask me and I'll help you out a little bit but you really just gotta get in there and keep trying with one model - they always look PANTS when you start lol. I still don't like my Ray :( but really keep it going!

    ReplyDelete