Thursday 5 February 2009

My Influence Part 5- John Romita Jr




The last artist on my list is John Romita Jr. Son of the legendary comic book artist John Romita, Jr has earned his place as a comic book artist on his own merit becoming one of Marvel's most used artists. Romita Jr has a very angular style of drawing, coupled with a very simple style of shading, not resorting to the extreme muscle definition that is common in comic book artists. Romita Jr is very speedy with his artwork which is part of the reason he is used quite frequently. However, this aspect adds a sense of urgency to his artwork which makes it very vibrant. John Romita Jr was the first artist I was ever interested in and studying his artwork helped me learn how to draw.
All of the influences that I have listed are very important to me. I love looking at all of these artists work, as they all inspire me to draw.


No comments:

Post a Comment