Monday 16 February 2009

Cutler's Hand







Today, I have spent a good while modeling cutlers hand. It's been really tricky as I've never really modelled a hand before. I created a finger out of a cube, then duplicated it several times (coupled with some tweaking of vertexes) to created the other fingers and thumb. I then created another cube and used it as the rest of the hand. I hand to flesh out the boxy fingers by adding more vertexes. I then, using the split polygon tool, created the grooves in the palm. I also spent a bit of time, reshaping the fingers so they looked as if they could bend. Overall, the had is a good start (probably the best part of Cutler I've modeled so far), but it's still got a long way to go. I am still nervous about the ending product, as my skills in maya are very limited.



No comments:

Post a Comment