Saturday 14 February 2009

Cutler model update.


















Here's my update for the cutler model. In terms of the body I have begun clothing him. I've firstly given him his wristbands, as well as defining the sleeve on his t-shirt. I've also defined his shorts and gave his shoes some soles. I did this by simply extruding vertexes from the model. I'm not competent to make realistic clothing simulation so I've had to go with a more, meat and potatoes method. Cutler's head was a challenge. His original head was so bad that I decided to do it again. This time around I worked in the perspective view more, so I could get his head more 3d and rounded, (less like a box). After doing this I became a little stuck, but luckily Jamie helped me cut and eye whole and showed me how to define the cheek. Jamie said that my original designs work well in 2d, but will be a real challenge in maya. He honestly said that he doesn't know how I'm going to make this model. He said if, when he comes back in two weeks, I have a model that looks like my 2d artwork, it will be an achievement. That fills me with a lot of hope. Jamie also said that because of my sharp line work, subtle features are more obvious however, these will get lost in 3d. To combat this, firstly I made his head bigger. I then made his nose bigger and more pointy (less like its previous button look). I also jutted out his jaw to be a little more Mike Mignola. After doing this I created an eyebrow for him. This model still need s to go miles before it's ready. Currently, I just don't know how I'm going to do it as I seem to really struggle at every step.



No comments:

Post a Comment