Tuesday 17 February 2009

Cutler Foot and Hat

















Today was productive. I started it out tweaking Cutler's foot. On converse shoes there is a white plastic part over the fabric at the heel and at the toe. I shaped this by using the split polygon tool and pulling out the vertices. I also created a strip for his Velcro. I was going to create some lases, but I imagine that that would be allot of animation information in a game, so I switched to Velcro. I then moved onto cutler's hat. I created a cube then played with the verticesto create the shape. On my model sheet I drew the hat like a cone, so I could see it straightened out, but I thought this looked boring so I decided to give it its characteristic bends. After creating the brim of the hat with another cube, I moved onto the hair. I created cylinders which I shaped to roughly look like dreadlocks. Currently they just look like poles as I'm going to bend them when I put the head on the model. Currently, the hat is the thing, I am most happy with. But as I always say, more work is needed.
P.S I would like to thank Dan S for his help, I was going to comment on your page but, my crappy computer won't let me. Instead I'm' thanking you for your help on this post. I'll be following your stages of modelling to see if I'm doing it correctly.




No comments:

Post a Comment