Saturday 24 January 2009







Here is a few doodles and designs of Cutler and Snubbs. Cutler's hat was inspired by a weird piece of headgear that I saw a girl wearing. I thought it was so interesting that I had to use it. The NES Kung Fu had Thomas wearing mainly black and white, I decided to keep this motif but update it with a vest, 3/4 length shorts and converse shoes. With Snubbs, I wanted to keep it simple, basic dot eyes and no mouth. But I wanted to spice it up a bit so a gave him a spot on his left eye, and a cape...I just thought I've never seen a pig in a cape. I also made the decision for cutler to have dreadlocks as I thought it would make him stand out more against the sea of bald space marines that is currently flooding the video game world ( I also secretly based his looks on the musician John Butler as I think he is quite visually interesting). I've also started mapping out some movements of the character to get a feel for how he will move across the screen. Overall, I think it is a good start, Cutler needs a bit more work, but I am quite happy with Snubbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment