Wednesday 11 March 2009

Thoughts

I've started rendering today and there's just a few comments that I wanted to make. Firstly I've given up on the canvas texture, I just can't seem to get it right, I've followed tutorials and tried to recreate what Jamie helped me do, but I can't. Ya win some ya lose some. Secondly I've decided to keep the shininess of the blins. I was originally going to take the shine off, as I know it makes everything glimmer and that games don't ideally use blins. But, I really like how it looks, I like the shininess, it makes it look like a varnished wood ornament. Lastly I like the outlines as they are. I've previously played around with outliners, especially with Jamie, but I've never really been too happy with the result. But for some reason, I managed to get it to look OK. So I'm happy. Jared himself said, that you have to know when to say stop and just start rendering the final thing, I think this is now!

No comments:

Post a Comment