Monday 9 March 2009

Big Mr X Colour post!


















I've been hard at work today, colouring my character. I spent the weekend creating cylindrical maps and colouring them. I put my colours on top of a washed out canvas texture to give it a smeary effect. Thanks to the help of Dan ShufflyB and Simon I was able to put my textures onto my model. The Blins that I used gave the model of Mr X a slimy fish like quality. Some adjustments were needed here and there but all went well, It just took all day! The textures gave it an almost chestnutty feel. One hiccup was when I tried to put the canvas texture on the model, It just looked like his face had melted AHHHH!. I applied a toon outliner, thinly, and with a more subtle colour scheme than just black. I am quite happy with the way it looks. For once, something went well!



3 comments: